Have you ever come across the proverb, “leg day should never be skipped“? A significant number of people who exercise by going to the gym concentrate on strengthening their upper bodies and cores, but they pay absolutely no attention to their lower bodies.
This is the reason why a certain individual could have a huge upper body despite having a lower body that does not match its proportions. It might be tough to determine if someone works out just by looking at their legs, despite the fact that they might have developed multiple layers of muscle around their arms, chest, and back. Because of this, you should never skip your leg workout.
Maintaining a sense of equilibrium in everything that we do is of the utmost importance. You should give your lower body the same amount of attention that you give your upper body while you are concentrating on your upper body. This would ensure that each and every portion of your body is receiving the benefits that it needs from your workouts.
It is likely that you have noticed that athletes, such as football players, have large legs or calves if you have ever watched them play. When they are out on the field, this generally lends them a sense of balance or support.
They had to put in a lot of effort in order to get the large size of the calves that you see. If you want huge calves, then you need to put in the most effort possible to get them, regardless of whether you are an athlete or not. The good news is that it is not quite as difficult as you may think.
In this post, we will discuss various workouts that you can perform at home in order to achieve your goal of having larger legs.
You can get bigger legs by doing sprints, which is another wonderful activity you can perform. When you run, you engage the muscles that are located around your calves in an active manner.
The more sprints you do, the more those muscles will grow and become stronger. It is not necessary for you to run several miles each and every time. It is of the utmost importance that you are consistent, meaning that you should do sprints every day or as frequently as you can.
Seated Calf Raise
You will need a stable bench and some sort of resistance equipment, such a dumbbell, in order to perform this exercise.
- Place the soles of your feet or the bottoms of your shoes on the ground and ensure that your knees are bent at a right angle (90 degrees) while seated on the bench.
- Hold one dumbbell in each hand and place it on each of your thighs.
- Raise the balls of your feet off the ground while keeping the heels of your feet lifted off the ground.
- while you are doing that, add some resistance by pressing down on the dumbbells that are resting on your thighs.
- hold the position for one or two seconds at a time
- gradually lower your heels while simultaneously releasing the tension in your thighs.
- Each set should consist of 8–12 repetitions.
Standing Calf Raise
You can also practice this exercise to grow your calves, and the great thing about it is that you do not require any kind of machine or equipment to accomplish it; instead, you can perform it in the comfort of your own home.
- You maintain an erect stance with your arms resting by your sides and your feet positioned relatively close together.
- Raise the soles of your feet off the ground by shifting your weight onto the balls of your feet. Your body will move upwards as a result of this.
- hold that position for somewhere between twenty and thirty seconds
- Lower your heels to the ground in a controlled manner until you are back in the position you were in before the first step.
Skipping or jumping rope are two exercises that can be done to help build larger calves. Because you are jumping up and down rapidly and for relatively short distances when you skip, the majority of the work is done by your legs. Because of this, by the time you reach the end of your skipping exercise, your legs will feel the most fatigued.
The ability to keep your rhythm while you skip is essential to having a productive workout. In addition to that, make sure you are using a quality rope that will not provide any difficulties at all. You might want to look into purchasing one of these ropes, which come equipped with counters. This counter keeps track of each skip, and it does it more accurately than other methods.