Likas Papaya Soap, produced by Trinidad Cosmetics Laboratory Inc. in the Philippines, is a herbal soap that claims to have skin-whitening properties.
It is crafted from organic herbs, with the primary ingredient being papain extract derived from papaya. This extract contains enzymes, such as papain and chymopapain, known for breaking down specific proteins like dead skin cells, as highlighted by the University of Michigan Health System.
Papayas are known for their numerous benefits, attributed to their rich content of vitamins A, B, and C. Additionally, the fruit’s proteolytic enzymes possess antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties.
This has led to the increasing popularity of papayas as a natural remedy at home and in the formulation of various skin and hair products.
Table of Content
- The ingredients of Likas Papaya soap?
- Uses and benefits of Likas Papaya soap
- How To Identify Original vs Fake Likas Soap
- Likas Soap side effects
The ingredients of Likas Papaya soap?
Sodium palmate, sodium palm stearate, sodium kernalate, purified water, RBD coconut oil, papaya extract, vitamin C, and CI 11920 are the ingredients in Likas Papaya soap.
Uses and benefits of Likas Papaya soap
The Original Likas papaya soap offers several potential benefits for the skin:
- Exfoliation: The presence of papain in the soap aids in exfoliating the skin by breaking down dead skin cells and eliminating them from the skin’s surface. This process can unveil a brighter, smoother, and more youthful complexion.
- Skin Lightening: The original Likas papaya soap may help lighten and even out skin tone by reducing the production of melanin, the pigment responsible for skin color. This benefit can be especially advantageous for individuals dealing with hyperpigmentation or dark spots on their skin.
- Acne Treatment: The soap’s anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties can effectively prevent and treat acne breakouts. It assists in unclogging pores, reducing inflammation, and eliminating bacteria that contribute to acne formation.
- Anti-Aging: Genuine Likas papaya soap contains antioxidants that protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals, which can accelerate the aging process. Regular use of this soap may help prevent or diminish the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and other signs of aging.
- Moisturizing: The Original Likas papaya soap helps to hydrate and soften the skin, making it particularly beneficial for individuals with dry or sensitive skin.
How To Identify Original vs Fake Likas Soap
If you’ve already bought your soap and aren’t sure if it’s fake or not, here are some other ways to tell:
1. Beware of Misspellings
Genuine Likas soaps have no misspellings or grammatical errors on the packaging.
2. Verify Ingredients List
Ensure the packaging displays all ingredients in English. Authentic Likas soap packages list all ingredients and feature the words “Likas Papaya” and “Herbal Bath Soap for Face and Body.”
3. Origin from the Philippines
The original Likas Papaya Soap is manufactured by Trinidad Cosmetics Laboratory Inc. in the Philippines. Products from other locations may be fake.
4. Examine the Barcode
Check the barcode for clarity and sharpness. Authentic products have a clear and scannable barcode, while blurry or damaged ones suggest a counterfeit.
5. Look at the Shape and Size
Authentic Likas soap is oval-shaped with the familiar Likas logo on the label.
6. Feel the Soap
Ensure the bar is smooth without bumps or holes. It should feel substantial and not light and airy like a bath sponge.
7. Look for the Hologram Seal
Authentic products have a silver hologram seal at the top of the box. Fake Likas Papaya Soaps lack this hologram.
8. Check the Weight
Genuine Likas Papaya Soap weighs 4.76 ounces (135 grams). Deviations from this standard weight may indicate a counterfeit product.
9. Check the Expiration Date
Authentic Likas Papaya Soap includes an expiration date on the back label.
10. Compare Prices
If the price seems too good to be true, it may indicate a counterfeit product. Authentic Likas Papaya Soap typically sells for around ₱79 or $1.53 USD per bar.
11. Check for Fragrance
Genuine Likas papaya soap has a mild scent, not an overpowering one.
12. Examine Packaging
Genuine Likas Papaya Soap comes in orange packaging with white and green lettering, featuring a picture of a papaya on the front. Any other color or design may indicate a fake before opening the package.
Likas Soap side effects
Papaya-based soap may pose risks for individuals with sensitivities, as it can cause severe allergic reactions. Contact dermatitis, characterized by a red, itchy rash resulting from direct exposure to a substance or an allergic response, can occur.
Although not life-threatening or contagious, contact dermatitis can be highly uncomfortable. Soaps, cosmetics, fragrances, jewelry, and plants are among the various substances that can trigger such reactions.
The rash typically appears on areas directly exposed to the soap, emerging within minutes to hours of contact and lasting two to four weeks.
Signs and symptoms of contact dermatitis include redness, severe itching, dry and scaly skin, as well as bumps and blisters that may ooze or crust. Swelling, burning, or tenderness can also occur.
Consult your doctor if the rash causes significant discomfort, disrupts daily activities, or persists for more than three weeks. Seek immediate medical attention if the rash is sudden, painful, severe, or widespread.