The round orange pill marked with the imprint AD 30 is identified as Adderall 30 mg, provided by Shire US Inc. This medication is a combination drug used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). By affecting certain natural chemicals in the brain, such as dopamine and norepinephrine, Adderall enhances the effects of neurotransmitters. It belongs to a class of drugs called stimulants, which can improve attention, focus, and behavior control. Additionally, it is utilized to treat narcolepsy, a sleeping disorder, to help individuals stay awake during the day.
In treating ADHD, Adderall aims to reduce hyperactivity, impulsive behavior, and improve attention span. According to the Cleveland Clinic, stimulants like Adderall show positive effects in 70 to 80 percent of children and 70 percent of adults with ADHD. These benefits may increase when combined with behavioral therapy. The medication is available in tablet form or as a time-release capsule. To avoid interfering with sleep, it is generally taken in the morning. Doctors typically start with a low dose and gradually increase it to ensure tolerance and effectiveness.
So, How to Spot AD 30 Pill Orange Round Fake Vs Real
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued a warning about counterfeit Adderall being sold online. These fake versions of Adderall contain incorrect active ingredients, making them ineffective and potentially harmful.
Genuine Adderall 30-mg tablets have four active ingredients: dextroamphetamine saccharate, amphetamine aspartate, dextroamphetamine sulfate, and amphetamine sulfate. However, the counterfeit version found in preliminary laboratory tests by the FDA contains tramadol and acetaminophen, which are used to treat acute pain.
To identify authentic Adderall, look for round, orange/peach-colored tablets with “dp” embossed on one side and “30” on the other side. They are packaged in 100-count bottles with the National Drug Code (NDC) 0555-0768-02.
On the other hand, counterfeit tablets are round, white, and lack any letters or numbers. They may also come in blister packages and have spelling mistakes on the packaging, such as “NDS” instead of “NDC,” “Aspartrte” instead of “Aspartate,” and “Singel” instead of “Single.”
If you suspect you have obtained counterfeit Adderall, do not use it, and consult your healthcare professional about your treatment options. There have been cases where people received fake Adderall with the wrong active ingredients, leading to ineffective results and potential harm.
Due to a shortage of the necessary active ingredients, Adderall is currently in short supply, resulting in an increase in its street price. Consumers should exercise caution when purchasing medications online, especially those in short supply, as they are often targeted by counterfeiters, according to the FDA’s warning.
How does a fake AD 30 pill look like?
As a consumer, it may be challenging to access the advanced test equipment used by regulatory bodies to verify the authenticity of a drug product. However, there are simple guidelines you can follow to identify a fake AD 30 pill:
- Check the Packaging: Examine the packaging for any unusual fonts, print colors, or missing logos. Compare it with the packaging of the genuine AD 30 pill you have used before.
- Inspect the Seal: A legitimate AD 30 pill packet should have an intact security seal. Look for any cracks or breaks in the sealing tape, as it could indicate tampering.
- Examine the Dosage Form: Compare the physical appearance of the drug, including its color, size, shape, consistency, and uniformity, to ensure it matches your previous experience with the genuine AD 30 pill.
- Observe Physical Attributes: Pay attention to specific physical attributes of the tablets or capsules, such as the presence of small pieces of tablets, excessive powder at the bottom of the container, cracks in the tablets or capsules, appearance of crystals on the container walls or tablets, softening or hardening of the medicine, and any swelling, spots, or discoloration.
- Be Alert for Allergies and Side Effects: Like any medicine, AD 30 pill may have side effects. Consult your doctor before using it, and if you experience any unexpected or harmful side effects, inform your doctor immediately.
- Be Cautious of Drastically Low Prices: If you notice that the price of an AD 30 pill is significantly cheaper than the usual rate, be cautious. Fake companies may try to lure customers with lower prices.
- Verify Online or Through SMS: Many countries offer methods to verify the authenticity of pills, such as using authentication codes or online portals. Check with your local authorities to see if such verification options are available for the AD 30 pill you are purchasing.
Common Side Effects of a Real AD 30 pill
- Common side effects
- Weight loss
- Upset stomach
- Lower appetite
- Changes in mood
- Trouble sleeping
Other side effects
- Blurry vision or other vision changes
- Irregular or fast heartbeat
- High blood pressure
- Dry mouth
- Change in sex drive
Can I consume Alcohol while taking AD 30 pill?
It is advised to avoid alcohol while using Adderall IR because alcohol can worsen the symptoms of ADHD or narcolepsy. Combining alcohol with Adderall IR can lead to serious side effects, such as alcohol poisoning and heart issues. Therefore, it’s important to refrain from alcohol consumption when taking this medication to ensure your safety and wellbeing.
I accidentally took too much AD 30 pill, What should I Do?
Taking an excessive amount of Adderall IR can result in an overdose. Signs of an Adderall IR overdose include feeling restless, confused, and depressed, as well as experiencing hallucinations and fever. It is crucial for both you and your loved ones to be aware of these symptoms to identify an overdose promptly. If you suspect an overdose, don’t hesitate to call 911 for immediate medical assistance.