Over the years, there has been a claim that sitting in hot water with salt can benefit women. But how sure is this clam? Well, salt water has many health benefits, but when it comes to setting on hot salt water, there is no scientific study to back this claim up.
According to many claims, sitting in hot salt water can help with reducing menstrual symptoms, managing stress, treating hemorrhoids, and many more. It is important to know that while many people claim this procedure helps, there are still no studies to prove it. So before trying this procedure, its best to contact your doctor first.
Benefits of Sitting on Hot Water and Salt
According to promoters of this claim, the benefits include:
- help in reducing common menstrual symptoms, such as bloating, cramps, exhaustion, and heavy bleeding
- May help boost fertility
- may help promote healing after childbirth
- may help in managing stress
- may help in managing hemorrhoids
- can promote energy and reduce fatigue
- may help in managing headaches
Does this really work?
Just like we said above, there is still no scientific research to support this claim. So, before sitting in hot salt water, first try to contact your doctor. However, it is important to know that vaginal steaming water can alter the pH balance that the vaginal microbiome naturally maintains, which favors the growth of bacteria that cause vaginal infections.
The vaginal skin is thin, sensitive, and prone to injury. Vaginal burns or scalds can result from using it as a target for a plume of warm steam.
How to sit on hot water and salt
The process is very simple and easy. Just follow the below steps.
- put about 5 cups of warm water in a container
- put like 2 table spoon of salt inside the table water
- remove your clothes.
- squat directly onto of the container
- stay like that for about 1 minute
Other health benefits of salt water
Salt water has other potential health benefits, including:
- May Promote Skin Health: Soaking in salt water can help moisturize the skin and ease redness. It can also relieve the scaly patches and inflammation associated with psoriasis and eczema
- Promotes Better Sleep: Salt water can help regulate muscles and nerve functionality, moderate blood sugar levels, and improve sleep due to its high magnesium levels
- Promotes Hydration: Drinking salt water can help you stay hydrated, as the salt helps your body soak up the water and allows it to be used more efficiently
- Digestive Health: Drinking salt water can help clean your digestive tract by pushing toxins out of your body
- Stress Reduction: Elevated sodium levels in the body can inhibit stress hormones in stressful situations, leading to lower stress levels
- Promotes Weight Loss: Salt water has no calories, so drinking it won’t affect your daily energy intake. This makes it a good option for those looking to add more salt to their diet without extra calories or fat
While sitting on hot salt water may benefit some people according to many claims, its good to contact your doctor first before trying it because hot water can cause virginal dryness and Irritation, virginal burn and also cause pH balance disruption.