I came across this question today online, so I decided to come up with an article about it. Is groundnut beneficial for patients with fibroids? Well, before we answer this question, let’s first understand what fibroid is all about.
What is Fibroid?
A fibroid is a type of tumor that develops in or around the uterus (womb). It is a type of noncancerous growth that develops in the muscular wall of the uterus.
Now, what is a groundnut? Groundnut, scientifically known as Arachis hypogaea, is a leguminous plant known for its edible seeds.
Is Groundnut Beneficial for Patients with Fibroids?
There is no answer regarding whether groundnut is good for fibroid patients or not because there is still no evidence to support any answer to this question. Even though groundnut might provide some health benefits because of its nutritional contents, there is still no study to determine its benefits or side effects when it comes to fibroid patients.
What to Eat and Avoid for Patients with Fibroids
While there is no specific way to avoid fibroids, there are some foods that may help and some that you need to avoid.
Foods To Eat
- try to consume fresh fruits and vegetables, such as greens like spinach, lettuce, and broccoli
- some citrus fruits like apples and oranges
- legumes and beans
- potatoes, bananas, tomatoes, and avocado
- oily fish like salmon or tuna
- lean and some white meats like chicken and turkey
- eggs and foods that are rich in vitamin D
- Green tea
Foods to Avoid
- Avoid processed foods, red meats, and high-fat dairy
- avoid any type of added sugar
- avoid salt and high sodium
- avoid street foods like chips
- avoid beef, pork, lamb, and deli meats or processed meats
- avoid soy beans, soy milk, tofu, and flax seed
- Lastly, avoid alcohol and caffeine
Is groundnut good for fibroid patients? There is no study to support any answer to this question. So, if you are suffering from fibroid and want to eat groundnut, please try and consult your doctor before consuming it.